Social media has become one of the most powerful marketing channels for real estate agents and brokers. But it’s not just about posting pictures of homes for sale or sharing articles about trends in the market. Social media is also a great place to generate leads, which can help you connect with potential clients and get more homes sold faster. In this article we’ll cover 10 proven tips to generate leads from social media.
1. Be sure to make your Facebook profile complete and professional
- Be sure to make your Facebook profile complete and professional
- Make sure you have a profile photo
- Make sure your profile is public (if it isn’t, people won’t be able to see it)
- Make sure you have a cover photo (this is the large image at the top of your page; if none appears, try uploading one)
- Add links to where people can find more information about you in other places online: website, blog, Twitter account (etc.).
2. Use Facebook Ads to generate leads from social media
Facebook Ads are a great way to boost your content and get more leads. If you don’t have much experience with Facebook Ads, we recommend checking out the Facebook Ads Academy for some helpful tutorials that will teach you how to use this tool effectively.
In order to create an ad, first identify what type of lead generation goal you’re looking for (i.e., webinar registration, email signup, etc.). Then write a compelling ad that includes:
- A strong CTA (call-to-action) at the end of it (e.g., “Register now”)
- An image related to the target audience’s interests or pain points
- A brief description of what they’ll learn from clicking through
3. Encourage more engagement on Facebook
- Use Facebook Ads to boost your content.
- Use the Facebook Pixel to track your ads. The Facebook Pixel can be added to your website, landing pages, and ads so that you can measure how effective they are at driving people to these locations. Facebook provides an easy-to-use interface for creating custom audiences for specific campaigns—for example, if you have a website that promotes real estate listings in one part of town but not another (or if you have different websites for different parts of town), then you could use the pixel to target only those users who visited each location on their site.
- Encourage more engagement on Facebook Groups and Pages by adding features such as live chat support or Q&A sessions with members; include fun contests like photo contests or trivia games; create eBooks (in PDF format) containing valuable information about various aspects of real estate so that visitors can download them from your group/Page; host webinars about hot topics related specifically to the market where most of your leads come from (which may not necessarily be where they live).
4. Optimize your Facebook page for conversions
There are a few things you can do to make sure that people who like your Facebook page are easily able to convert into leads and customers. You want to make sure you have the right call-to-action (CTA) and images, as well as high quality content that is relevant to their needs.
If you want to attract leads from organic searches, use Google Analytics to see what’s working on your site and optimize accordingly.
5. Make posts on LinkedIn, but not too many
When it comes to LinkedIn, the best strategy is to post content that is relevant and helpful. You want your posts to be seen by people looking for information on your business or industry.
Social media and LinkedIn are not the same thing. While you may post a lot of social media content on Facebook and Instagram, this can backfire when you do it on LinkedIn because it’s a professional network where people expect something more substantial than posts about family vacations or cat videos.
6. Make yourself visible on LinkedIn by asking and answering questions
LinkedIn is an excellent tool for real estate agents who want to generate leads. When you make yourself visible on LinkedIn, people will be more likely to click your link and contact you. You can start by asking questions and answering questions in groups. If a member asks a question about an area or specific home that you know well, jump in and answer it! This will show other members how knowledgeable you are and help them trust your advice when they need it most.
Another way to become visible on LinkedIn is by sharing content from other sources that’s relevant to real estate agents like yourself. For example, if there is a blog post written by someone else about how selling houses through social media has helped their business grow faster than ever before (which is true), then share this information with everyone who follows your profile so they can learn from others as well!
7. Share valuable content on LinkedIn regularly
You can use it to share useful articles, videos and other material that is relevant to your audience. This will help them learn more about what you do as well as about the type of person you are.
The goal of sharing content on LinkedIn is not just to increase traffic but also build relationships with people who might need your services in the future. The best way to do this is by sharing interesting information related in some way back towards real estate investing or investing in general (but not directly). You could also get involved in discussions happening on popular topics within your industry that would help generate leads by encouraging discussion among followers – this will increase engagement levels too!
8. Let your LinkedIn connections know you’re a real estate agent
LinkedIn is a great way to connect with other agents. It’s also a good place to share your blog posts and articles. You can also share your real estate listings, along with pictures of yourself. Make sure that you add a tagline to your profile that says something like “Social Media Marketing & Sales Consultant” so people will know what you do when they see it in their newsfeeds.
You should add a photo of yourself as well! If you’re comfortable doing this, show off your fun side: put on some sunglasses or have fun with the lighting in an office setting (or even outside). It’s important for potential clients to see who they’ll be working with before ever meeting them face-to-face—so make sure you give them something to look at!
9. Generate leads from social media through an active presence on Instagram
- You should make sure your profile is complete, with professional looking photos and a tagline that describes what you do and what sets you apart from the competition
- Use hashtags to increase engagement, interactivity, and discoverability
- Use location tags to get more views in your local area
- Make sure that you’re following relevant accounts on Instagram (for example: those who might be interested in real estate or those who are potential clients)
It’s important to post regularly so people don’t forget about your account. And it’s also important not only to post high-quality content but also make sure it meets the expectations of the platform.
10. Build trust through referrals
Referrals are one of the most important sources of new business. If you want to build trust and credibility with prospective clients, get your network on board with helping you find leads. Referral marketing is a great way to reach out to people who already know and trust you, so it makes sense that an online presence can be a big part of this effort.
If someone wants to buy or sell a home, they’ll probably ask friends and family for advice—and those friends may turn around and seek out your services. If they feel like they know you through social media exchanges (which they do), that could mean more referrals are coming your way!
Social media is a powerful marketing channel, especially for local business like real estate agents, if you know how to use it
Social media is a powerful marketing channel, especially for local business like real estate agents. However, it can be difficult to gain an audience on social media if you are not aware of the best practices and strategies for your industry. We hope that this post helped you understand how to generate leads with social media and get more traffic coming in from different platforms like Facebook, Instagram or LinkedIn.